Volunteer for MIF13
Welcome! If you’re 18 or over on 3 July 2013, you’re eligible to apply for Manchester International Festival’s Volunteer Programme.
What is it like to volunteer for MIF?
Here is some feedback from previous MIF volunteers:
'I met a lot of decent people from all walks of life young and old while at the same time having a laugh.'
'Brilliant – the [MIF] team were extremely supportive and couldn’t do enough to make volunteers feel welcome and appreciated.'
'I thought that volunteering at the Festival was a really positive experience and something that I will be telling everyone about. It was so exciting to be part of something that highlights Manchester and getting to meet lots of friendly, like-minded people, made me remember why I love Manchester so much!'
'The whole experience is one that I’ll never forget….I feel like working alongside producers and curators was kind of like road testing career ideas. It’s been so valuable and I can’t thank you enough MIF!'
What does it take to be a MIF volunteer?
• Enthusiasm, confidence, warm and friendly personality
• Interest in culture and the arts
• Pride in representing Manchester and MIF
• Good knowledge of getting around Manchester
• Ability to commit to at least 6 shifts (there are shifts available during evenings and weekends too)
Although most volunteering takes place during the Festival itself, we have volunteers supporting us in certain roles well before then. The fantastic stories and feedback we received from our previous volunteer teams tells us that you definitely get out what you put into the experience!
Are volunteers recognised for their contribution?
Of course – we couldn’t possibly deliver a world-class festival without the support of our volunteer team!
• Induction and Training
• Support from the Volunteer Coordination team
• Food and travel expenses
• A ticket to see one of the Festival events (this could be for one of the Preview shows)
• Manchester International Festival branded kit
• Some exciting volunteer events and chances to meet and socialise with the other volunteers
• A certificate of appreciation and a letter of reference, if required
* Please note that there is no option to save your online application and return to it later - you must complete it in one session.
If you have any queries or questions please contact the Volunteer Team directly on the following email address: email@example.com